giovedì 27 febbraio 2014

if only I knew that // Snapshot #2 .

Christina Ricci, The Face, photographed by Mario Sorrenti.
[…]
"...Life is not like a movie. You can do everything to make it similar, but the movie's happy ending doesn't exist and will never exist."
I drank again and he continued to fix me: he couldn't believe his eyes.
" What did you happen? You're so happy and hopeful when I met you and now instead you are so… so..."
"Realist", I said flatly. "This is the word you are looking for. If I've learned anything from this experience was the realism, Sean.
[...]
In recent weeks I have learned that my life is much better than I thought, and I'm lucky to have it. It made me realize that the neighbor's grass is not necessarily greener than mine. Maybe at first it seems to be it, but, when the grass withers and dies, it leaves nothing and then, you have to start all over again, spreading and waiting to see it reborn."
"What are you saying, Scarlett? Do you prefer that your life being solid and gray like concrete, solid and indestructible, so that nothing could ever upset you?"
I nodded .
"I Didn't believe you. Before coming here you wanted more than just a green meadow. Wanted a whole land, full of tall grass and wildflowers on which to run."

"Maybe you're right, but then I changed." 
"No, it's not true. You lived some experience that made you see life in a different perspective, and this might not be a bad thing. But the idealist and romantic Scarlett is still alive, below somewhere, I'm sure. This is what you are, this is what makes you live."
[...]

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento